Trainee Business IT Specialist
DATE: June 2018
REPORTS TO: Managing Director
LOCATION: Loanhead, Midlothian
HOURS: 35 hours per week with day release to university.
Onestop IT is a well-established Edinburgh based IT Solutions Provider, offering an outstanding service to a growing number of clients. Onestop IT is continually looking to work with more leading industry players. Current partners include Microsoft, Apple, Fujitsu, and Citrix. We have invested heavily in the latest PSA and RMM, NOC and SOC solutions. We are constantly looking for new ways to use technology to help our clients grow their businesses.
We take pride in growing our own talent and this is a key trainee position with responsibility for maintaining our client relationships and helping the company achieve its sales objectives. The role involves ensuring that client satisfaction levels are optimised for retention, up-selling and eventually new business referrals. As your skills grow you will help our clients set their IT strategy, provide security guidance, deliver projects, and help them get the most out of the latest technology
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a professional working relationship with our clients.
- Develop general commercial awareness and an understanding of our clients’ business context to ensure best-fit solutions are recommended.
- Maintain high-level product knowledge of the service offerings of the company.
- Conduct presentations and webinars that showcase any new services and products.
- Take responsibility for preparation of sales proposals, and work with your technical team to prepare proposals for more complex client requirements.
- Provide client end-user awareness training on services provided.
- Work with the business to achieve excellent service satisfaction.
- Use the company’s tools to plan the development of our clients’ IT.
- Use the sales plan to cross-sell and up-sell services to clients.
- Produce technology roadmaps for each client and review on a regular basis.
- Manage projects and help set client expectations.
- Undertake regular client account review meetings and ensure that all the clients have an effective IT plan and that Onestop IT delivers on that plan.
- Monitor the client feedback platform.
- Work with the Service Delivery Manager to understand service complaints and escalate as necessary.
- Work with the Service Team to manage all hardware and software warranties and subscription renewals.
Remuneration & Benefits:
- Earn while you learn.
- Bonus Scheme.
- Optional Pension.
- Gain a recognised university degree
- Gain qualifications in Business Analysis and Project Management.
- Stepped salary, starting at the Living Wage with an annual review.
- Training plan (including external courses/exams).
- Coaching and mentoring.
- A friendly working environment within a close-knit team.
- Quarterly Team Events.
To recieve the full job description please click download below:
Our recruitment process is different! Designed to make sure we get the best. If we seem like a fit here is the process we will run through:
- Fill out the form below.
- Submit your supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org e.g. Personal Statement, CV, Cover letter with information about exams achieved or sitting.
- If your CV matches we will ask you to send in a short video introducing yourself and what you are passionate about. Mobile phone quality is fine, we want to see your personality and experience, not your acting qualities!
- Next stage is to have a quick telephone chat
- We will send you some online assessments
- First Interview
- Second Interview
If you have got this far and you are still interested we look forward to reading your CV!
The team at Onestop provide a reliable, punctual service in a straightforward manner which minimises stress at times that could otherwise be fraught. In over six years of providing support for our medium sized business they have never failed to resolve any issues we have promptly and, importantly, to explain the steps they have taken.
Gareth Hoskins Architects
Onestop are undoubtedly the most pro‐active IT company we have dealt with over the last 28 years. Their service does not stop at just being pro‐active as they action all tasks quickly and efficiently, just as you would expect from a professional company
Souness and Boyne
The query was dealt with very quickly and efficiently and involved coordinating with our software supplier by phone. Many thanks for making this a painless exercise.
Social Investment Scotland
I have always found Onestop IT Solutions to be very professional in dealing with client issues and they go out of their way to provide a thorough and friendly service. They use the latest cloud based technologies at a very cost effective price. Onestop IT Solutions are a valued partner and can do the same for your business.
We've been using Onestop IT for a number of years and have always found their service second to none. Taking ownership of the problems and seeing them through to the end. A start to end quality service